This letter to Congress is on a postcard that will be sent by members of Parkinson’s Women Support to congressional representatives. If you’d like to join us, add your name, address and email to our petition to Congress, and we’ll include your signature with our signatures. Send your name, address and email to email@example.com to be included. We’ll send our letter on February 4. DB
Those of us in these photos, and a million more Americans have Parkinson’s disease. Sixty thousand new cases are reported each year. If Congress changes health care legislation, please consider our special needs.
- Assure that we won’t be denied coverage or charged a higher premium because of our pre-existing condition.
- Keep out-of-pocket costs and the expenses produced by annual or lifetime caps affordable.
- Preserve acceptable choices of health plans, and eliminate a 24-month disability waiting period for Medicare coverage.
- Assure services, and medicine for people with cognitive and mental health issues associated with our disease.
- Be our representative of encouragement, camaraderie, and compassion for every decision you make – no matter how big or small – to help us pursue a cure for Parkinson’s. Thank you.
About Parkinson’s Women Support: The mission of Parkinson’s Women Support is to offer moral support, encouragement and camaraderie for women who are Parkinson’s disease patients. Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/parkinsonswomen